Last revised: August 1, 2016
1. Additional Terms; Service Communications
1) Some of the Services may be subject to additional conditions either posted on the Site or contained in ordering documents (such as subscription terms and prices, licences, user, and geographical restrictions). Your use of those Services is subject to those conditions, which are incorporated into this agreement by reference. In the event of an inconsistency between this agreement and any additional conditions, the provisions of the additional conditions will prevail.
2) You understand and agree that the Services may include communications such as service announcements and administrative messages from Licensor or Licensorís partners. You will not be able to opt out of receiving these service announcements and administrative messages while using the Site and Services and until you send Licensor a specific written notice requesting the termination of your subscription and that your details be eliminated from the Site and any mailing list. You also understand that Licensorís Services may include advertisements.
2. License Grant; Your Content; Support
1) Licensor hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use the Site and Services for the term for which you have paid the applicable subscription fees (ìLicense Termî), solely for your own internal business purposes, subject to this agreement and the Order Schedule. If any subscription-based Service is licensed on a ìnamed userî basis, rights of any user licensed to utilize the Service cannot be shared or used by more than one individual. In addition, a user access may not be transferred from one individual to another unless the original user no longer requires, and is no longer permitted, access to the Service.
2) The Site includes a combination of content that Licensor creates, that Licensorís partners create, and that Licensorís users create. You may use the content on the Site only for your internal business purposes in connection with the Services and/or your licensed use of Licensorís products. Except for the foregoing, you may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, reverse engineer, publicly display, or in any way exploit any of the software, materials or content on the Site in whole or in part.
3) You are solely responsible for all materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, that you upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available on the Site or through the Service (“Your Content”). You have the sole responsibility for the accuracy, quality, integrity, legality, reliability, and appropriateness of Your Content. You grant Licensor a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise the copyright, publicity and database rights you have in Your Content, in any media now or in the future, in connection with Licensorís provision of the Services available on the Site. Your Content will be protected by Licensor with at least the same protective precautions that Licensor takes to protect its similar proprietary information from unauthorized disclosure. Licensor will not, without your prior written consent, disclose any of Your Content to any thirty party, except to those bona fide individuals whose access is necessary to enable Licensor to perform its obligations hereunder. Notwithstanding the foregoing, where you provide or display Your Content on the Site for the view, evaluation, download, use or consumption of other users, Licensor has no confidentiality obligations whatsoever with regarding to such Content.
4) You warrant that you own or have sufficient legal right to the intellectual property rights in Your Content and that Your Content, including any use thereof by Licensor as described below, does not violate applicable law or the rights of any third party. You hereby grant Licensor, Licensorís affiliates, and Licensorís partners a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable right during the License Term to use, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, transfer, transmit, distribute, and publish Your Content and subsequent versions of Your Content for the purposes of:
a) displaying Your Content on the Site and other related Internet sites for your users;
b) processing Your Content in connection with providing the Services to you;
c) calculation and distribution of statistical and analytical data;
d) distributing Your Content, either electronically or via other media, to your users seeking to download or otherwise acquire it; and/or
e) storing or hosting Your Content in a remote database or on the Site for access by your users.
(a) This licence will apply to the distribution and the storage of Your Content in any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed.
5) You may be exposed to content that you find offensive, indecent, or objectionable or that is inaccurate, and you bear all risks associated with using that content. Licensor has the right, but not the obligation, to remove any content that may, in Licensorís sole discretion, violate this agreement or that is otherwise objectionable.
3. Technical Support
1) Licensor will provide email support during its business hours by contacting: email@example.com
4. Intellectual Property Rights
1) Licensor and/or its licensors owns all rights, title and interests, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the Site and the Services, the software, materials and other related content (excluding Your Content), and any derivatives, suggestions, ideas, enhancement requests, feedback, recommendations or other information provided by you or any other party relating to the Site or the Services. In addition, all content published on the Site, including, but not limited to, reports, presentations, written content, graphics, images, marks, logos, sound or video clips, and animation, are protected by Licensorís copyrights or trade-marks or those of Licensorís partners or users.
2) Nfcauthority may use your corporate name and logo to provide Services to you and may also refer to You in Nfcauthorityís customer list and may use your corporate name and logo for this purpose.
5. Third Party Sites, Products, and Services
1) The Site may contain links to other Internet sites owned by third parties. Your use of each of those sites is subject to the conditions, if any, that each of those sites have posted. Licensor has no control over sites that are not ours, and Licensor is not responsible for any use of such sites or content on them. Licensorís inclusion on the Site of any third party content or a link to a third party site is not an endorsement of that content or third party site.
2) Some content may come from government sources, is in the public domain, and is not copyrightable.
1) You agree to pay the fees on the terms stated in the Order Schedule. You agree to pay all applicable taxes relating to the Services. Any amount payable by you to Licensor which is past due will be subject to a late payment charge equal to one percent (2%) per month, or the highest rate permitted by law, whichever is less.
2) The maximum disk storage space provided to you at no additional charge is 100MB per Company ID. If the amount of disk storage required exceeds these limits, you will be charged Licensorís then-current storage fees. Licensor will use reasonable efforts to notify you when the storage per Company ID reaches approximately 90% of the maximum; however, any failure by Licensor to so notify you will not affect your responsibility for such additional storage charges. Licensor reserves the right to establish or modify its general practices and limits relating to storage of data and other content.
3) Professional services are available on a time and materials or fixed quote basis as agreed with Licensor in an order form or quotation provided by Licensor to You. If any work product or deliverables are generated through the provision of Professional Services under these Terms (ìDeliverablesî), the parties will endeavour to determine ownership of such Deliverables in the purchase order executed for the Professional Services, if ownership has not be explicitly agreed to the Licensor will retain the ownership. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, any enhancements, modifications or other customizations to the Site will be owned by and vest in Licensor exclusively including all title and interest in and to all Service Deliverables including the benefit of all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets or other intellectual property rights pertaining thereto.
7. Term and Termination; Service Cancellation
1) The Services will be automatically renewed upon the expiration of the then-current License Term, unless you give Licensor written notice thirty (30) days prior to the end of the then-current License Term, of your intention to terminate the Services. Fees at the time of automatic renewals will be at the then-current Services rates. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Licensor may immediately terminate or suspend your use of the Services provided hereunder, or terminate your account and this Agreement if you:
a) fail to pay any applicable fees when due; or
b) breach or otherwise fail to comply with this agreement and fail to remedy this breach within thirty (30) days of being so notified.
(a) Licensor may terminate any free account or Services at any time in its sole discretion without liability to you. You will continue to be charged for the fee-based Services during any period of suspension. Termination will not relieve you from any obligation to pay fees that remain unpaid and will not limit either party from pursuing other available remedies.
(ii) You may terminate any fee-based Services or reduce the number of users effective only upon the expiration of the then-current term by notifying Licensor in accordance with this agreement.
(iii) Upon termination by Licensor of this agreement or any part thereof in accordance with this agreement as a result of your breach, negligence or default, Licensor will have no obligation to refund to you any fees paid by you. The provisions of this section will not apply to those situations defined by law. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event your access to the Services is terminated (other than by reason of your breach), Licensor will make available to you a file of your data within 30 days of termination if you so request at the time of termination.
(iv) In the event Licensor (or its successor in interest) ceases to operate in the normal course of business, and as a result the Services are permanently unavailable, Licensor will refund to you any pre-paid subscription fees for the remaining months where you no longer have access to the Services.
3) The Site is hosted principally in the Canada as well as internationally. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from Canadian law, please note that you may transfer Your Content to the Canada and by providing Your Content to Licensor you represent, warrant, and covenant to Licensor that:
a) you have the authority and right to enter into this agreement, to grant the rights granted by you under this agreement, and to perform your obligations under this agreement;
b) any consents or approvals required from any third party or governmental authority with respect to the entering into or the performance of this agreement by such party, are in place, or will be obtained by you as may be necessary for either party to perform its obligations;
c) you are authorized to distribute Your Content to Licensor; and
d) you are not breaching any applicable data privacy rule or regulations, any of your contractual obligations, or any of your internal privacy policies.
4) You acknowledge and agree that certain of the Services may be provided by Licensorís partners, and that your contact information may be provided to such partners in order for them to provide the Services, and such partners may contact you directly regarding other service offerings (you may opt out of receiving information about a partnerís other service offerings by following the notice procedure set forth below).
a) Special notice to users of the site: You acknowledge that by using any of the site tools designed to allow interaction between the site and the Services, whether available on the Site, User Data will be transmitted outside the system, and to the extent the User Data has left the system, Licensor is not responsible for the privacy, security or integrity of that User Data. ìUser Dataî means electronic data or information submitted by customers into the system. The representation set forth in Section 8.3 applies to the transfer of User Data pursuant to this paragraph. In addition, if and to the extent that you create any applications using Licensorís product, you represent that neither you nor your applications will, without appropriate prior user consent or except to the extent required by applicable law:
(i) modify the content of User Data in a manner that adversely affects the integrity of that User Data;
(ii) disclose User Data to any third party; or
(iii) use User Data for any purpose other than providing application functionality to users of your applications.
(iv) A modification or disclosure of User Data does not violate either of the two preceding sentences to the extent it results from an activity of an authorized user using your application and a reasonable user would expect that modification or disclosure of its User Data to occur as a result of that activity.
9. Your Conduct on the Site and other Restrictions
1) If Licensor requests registration information from you, you will provide Licensor with true, accurate, current, and complete information. You will promptly update your registration to keep it accurate, current, and complete. If Licensor issues you a password or any authentication credentials of any kind, you may not reveal it to anyone else. You may not use anyone else’s password or authentication credentials of any kind. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your accounts and passwords and authentication credentials of any kind. You agree to immediately notify Licensor of any unauthorized use of your passwords or accounts or authentication credentials of any kind or any other breach of security. You also agree to exit from your accounts at the end of each session. Licensor will not be responsible for any loss or damage that may result if you fail to comply with these requirements.
2) If Licensor provides you with an administrator user ID and password for accessing the Service, you will assign them to your administrator. You will be responsible, through your administrator, for setting and modifying your and your usersí profile and preferences for the Services, authorizing and terminating individual user IDs and passwords and specifying the access rights of those individuals to the Services. The administrator will notify Licensor if the administrator needs to change the administratorís or any userís ID, and the administrator may do so only by contacting Licensor at the e-mail address for technical support specified by Licensor from time to time.
3) You will be responsible for all activity occurring under your accounts and will comply with all applicable local, provincial, and foreign laws, treaties and regulations in connection with your use of the Services, including without limitation, laws and regulations governing data privacy, international communications and transmission of technical or personal data.
4) The technology and the software underlying the Site and the Services is the property of Licensor and/or Licensorís affiliates, suppliers and partners. You agree not to copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, reverse engineer, grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer any right to the technology or software underlying the Site or the Services. You agree not to modify the software underlying the Site in any manner or form or to use modified versions of such software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not use the Site to take any of the following actions:
a) defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal right of others;
b) publish, post, upload, e-mail, distribute, or disseminate (collectively, “transmit”) any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, misleading, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful content;
c) transmit files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage or adversely affect the operation of another person’s computer, Licensorís sites, any software or hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
d) transmit unsolicited messages or content;
e) download any file that you know or reasonably should know cannot be legally obtained in such manner;
f) falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or the source of software or other material;
g) restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any area within the Site;
h) interfere with or disrupt Licensorís sites, servers, or networks;
i) probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Site or circumvent any security mechanism used by the Site;
j) impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, any Licensor representative, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
k) forge headers or manipulate identifiers or other data in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Site or to manipulate your presence on the Site;
l) take any action that imposes an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on Licensorís infrastructure; or
m) engage in any illegal activities.
5) If offered as part of the Services, you agree to use Licensorís bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or message or communication facilities (collectively, the “forums”) only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to that particular forum.
6) If you choose a username that, in Licensorís sole discretion, is obscene, indecent, abusive or that might otherwise subject Licensor to public disparagement or scorn, Licensor reserve the right, without prior notice to you, to automatically change your username, delete your posts from Licensorís sites, deny you access to Licensorís sites, or any combination of these options.
7) Unauthorized access to the Site is a breach of this agreement and a violation of the law. You agree not to access the Site by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Licensor for use in accessing the Site. You agree not to use any automated means, including, without limitation, agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access, monitor, or copy any part of the Site, except those automated means that Licensor have approved in advance and in writing.
8) You may not access the Services for purposes of monitoring availability, performance or functionality, or for any other benchmarking or competitive purposes.
9) Use of the Site is subject to existing laws and legal process. Nothing contained in this agreement will limit Licensorís right to comply with governmental, court, and law-enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the Site.
1) You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold Licensor and all of Licensorís officers, directors, owners, employees, agents, affiliates, suppliers, partners and licensors (collectively, the “Licensor Parties”) harmless from and against any and all liability, losses, costs, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) incurred by any Licensor Party in connection with any claim, including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, violation of rights of publicity and/or privacy, copyright infringement, or trade-mark infringement, arising out of:
a) your use of the Site;
b) any use or alleged use of your accounts or your passwords by any person, whether or not authorized by you;
c) the content, the quality, or the performance of content that you submit to the Site;
d) your connection to the Site;
e) your violation of this Agreement; or
f) your violation of the rights of any other person or entity.
2) Licensor will defend you from any third party claim that your use of Licensorís proprietary software hosted on the Site infringes its copyright, patent or trade-mark, and will pay all damages finally awarded against you in such claim. If Licensor settles the claim, Licensor will pay all settlement amounts on your behalf. In exchange, you must:
a) promptly notify Licensor if such a claim is asserted against you;
b) allow Licensor sole defence of the claim; and
c) co-operate with Licensorís requests for reasonable assistance, at Licensorís expense.
(i) Licensor will not be obligated to indemnify you if you are in violation of any of this agreementís terms. If as a result of the infringement or misappropriation your use of the software hosting on the Site is enjoined by a court of law, Licensor will modify the software to make it non-infringing, acquire a license for you to continue using the software, or if neither option is possible, refund to you the applicable subscription fees paid by you during the 12-month period preceding the injunction. This is your exclusive remedy for a third partyís infringement or misappropriation claim against your use of the software hosted on the Site.
11. Warranty; Disclaimers
1) Licensor warrants that during the License Term, the Site will conform to the documentation provided by Licensor. In the event the Site does not conform to the documentation, if you promptly notify Licensor, Licensor will modify the Site so that it conforms. This is your exclusive remedy.
2) Licensor disclaims any responsibility for the deletion, loss or damage, destruction, the failure to store, the misdelivery, or the untimely delivery of any content, information or material. Licensor disclaims any responsibility for, and if you subscribe to one of Licensorís fee-based services you will not be entitled to a refund or any other damages as a result of, any service outages that are caused by Licensorís maintenance on the servers or the technology that underlies Licensorís Site, problems inherent in the use of the Internet and electronic communications, failures of Licensorís service providers (including telecommunications, hosting, and power providers), computer viruses, natural disasters or other destruction or damage of Licensorís facilities, acts of nature, war, civil disturbance, or any other cause beyond Licensorís reasonable control.
3) EXCEPT FOR THE WARRANTY PROVIDED IN SECTION 11(1), THE SITE AND THE SERVICES, ITS SOFTWARE, CONTENT AND OTHER MATERIALS, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. ANY MATERIAL THAT YOU DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN THROUGH THE SITE AND THE SERVICES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY POTENTIAL DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. NEITHER WE NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS OR PARTNERS MAKE ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT: (i) THE SITE OR THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) THE SITE OR THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, ERROR FREE OR VIRUS FREE OR OPERATE IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, SYSTEM OR DATA; (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, CONTENT, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE OR OTHER MATERIALS THAT YOU PURCHASE OR OBTAIN THROUGH THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; AND (v) ANY ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED. LICENSOR AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND PARTNERS MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, GUARANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE OR ANY OF THE CONTENT, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, SOFTWARE OR OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE.
12. Limitation of Liability
1) TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER LICENSOR NOR ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS OR PARTNERS WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING OUT OF THE SERVICES OR THE SITE, ITS SOFTWARE, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIALS, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE OR LOSS OF DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE AND THE SERVICES; (ii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR INACCURACY, ERROR OR OMISSIONS IN YOUR CONTENT, TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; OR (iii) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY.
2) NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE HEREIN CONTAINED AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, LICENSOR AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND PARTNERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO LICENSOR FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE TWELVE-MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIM.
1) Any dispute arising out of or relating to this agreement or the Site will be finally settled by arbitration, except that Licensor may bring an action in a court of competent jurisdiction with respect to any dispute affecting Licensorís intellectual property rights whether statutory or contractual. The arbitration will be conducted in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules (the ìRulesî) of the International Chamber of Commerce . Any such controversy or claim will be arbitrated on an individual basis and will not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration will be conducted in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. All arbitration proceedings will be conducted in English by a single arbitrator selected under the Rules who must be a lawyer and fluent in English. The arbitrator has no authority to award damages in excess of those permitted in this agreement for any reason. Any award in excess of such limitation will be deemed void as between the parties. Either you or Licensor may seek any interim or preliminary relief from a court of competent jurisdiction in Ontario, Canada, necessary to protect the rights or the property of you or Licensor (or its affiliates, agents, suppliers, and subcontractors), pending the completion of arbitration.
1) The Site features trade-marks, service marks, and logos that are the property of Licensor and/or its affiliates, suppliers, partners and licensors. The Site also may include trade-marks, service marks or logos of other third parties. All of these trade-marks, service marks and logos are the property of their respective owners, and you agree not to use them in any manner without the prior written permission of the applicable owner.
2) Licensor may be required by provincial or federal law to notify you of certain events. You hereby acknowledge and consent that such notices will be effective upon Licensorís posting them on the Site or delivering them to you through e-mail. You may update your e-mail address by visiting the Services where you have provided contact information. If you do not provide Licensor with accurate information, Licensor cannot be held liable if Licensor fail to notify you. You may have the right to request that Licensor provide such notices to you in paper format, and may do so by contacting Nfcauthority Inc. 10 Downie Street, Suite 305, Stratford, Ontario N5A 7K4 any other communication to Licensor should also be sent to that address.
3) Licensorís failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. This agreement and your right to use the Services may not be assigned by you without the prior written approval of Licensor.
4) This agreement, including any applicable Order Schedule and all terms, conditions, and policies that are incorporated into these terms by reference, constitute the entire agreement between you and Licensor and govern your use of the Site and Services, superseding any prior agreements that you may have with Licensor. Any additional or different terms in ordering documentation such as purchase orders of invoices are hereby deemed to be material alterations and notice of objection to, and rejection of, them is hereby given.
5) This agreement will be construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada, excluding its conflicts of law principles, and the federal laws of Canada.
6) If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law, the invalid or unenforceable provision will be construed in accordance with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties and the intent of the original provision. Where a court is unable to construe any unenforceable or invalid provision to make it binding, the court will sever and delete the provision. In any event, all other terms which remain valid and enforceable will survive and remain in full force and effect.
7) If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release Licensor (and Licensorís officers, directors, agents, affiliates and employees) from claims, demands, and damages (direct and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code ß1542, which says: ìA general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not known or suspect to exist in his favour at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.î
8) This agreement may not be assigned by you without the prior written approval of Nfcauthority but may be assigned without your consent by Nfcauthority to:
a) a parent or subsidiary,
b) an acquirer of assets, or
c) a successor by merger. Any purported assignment in violation of this section shall be void.
© Nfcauthority Inc. All rights reserved